Saturday, August 8, 2009

A Meme and Other Things

(Picture taken by Kathleen Coy)



Last Friday my bully furiend Princess tagged me to do the meme, Seven Reasons I'm Awesome. So here's my list of things that make me pawsome.

  1. I always use the litter box, unlike my little brother who more and more frequently is pooping on the laundry room floor, making mom not very happy.
  2. I always know when mom needs extra smoochies and snuggles.
  3. I let mom dress me in clothes in the winter not just to keep me warm, but because she enjoys it.
  4. I keep all the squirrels and rabbits out of mom's flower beds.
  5. I encourage mom to get more exercise by asking her to play fetch or go on walks.
  6. I am not a picky eater. I almost always eat whatever is put before me.
  7. I am a good girl and make mom proud.

*~*

On Monday, my Doxie furiend, Twix, asked me to play the Name Game. For this game you are suppose to tell about your name and how you got it. You can also include any nicknames you might have.

My mom wanted a unique name for me. She spent two weeks searching for the perfect one. She looked all over the internet for words that described this cute little pup she had brought into her home. She finally chose my name, which is French and means;
  • something delicate, elegant or highly prized
  • a small jewel or trinket
Bijou is pronounced; "be-zhu". When mom first told people what my name was they looked at her funny and replied, "You named your dog, 'Beats You' ??" BOL Silly hoomans.

I only have two nicknames, Bij and Baby Girl.

*~*

Last Thursday my little Chihuahua furiend, Coco, tagged me for the You're A Gem award.



"The only rule for this award is that to accept it, display it proudly on your blog for all the bloggy world to see your greatness and/or pass it on to other bloggers as you see fit..."

I think all my furiends are gems and are deserving of this award. So please , everydoggy reading this, make me very happy. Grab the award and post it proudly on your blog!




17 comments:

Hailey said...

Hi Bijou! I really enjoyed your 7 reasons why you are awesome. Your name Bijou fits you so perfect! Especially because you allow your mom to dress you in clothes - I don't like it when mom tries to put me in clothes. I know it makes her sad, I just don't like it; I do really try hard, I will wear the outfit for a tiny bit (teeny bit actually), and I am a very finicky eater. I refuse to eat everything in front of me (unless of course it's hooman food). Keep up the great work and continue to be an awesome example of us poopers and unconditional love!

Kudos to Bijou!!!!! XOXO ^5

Hugs & smooches XOXO
Hailey

Selba said...

Hi Bijou,

Reading the 7 meme, we totally agreed that you are awesome!

Congrats on your gem award.

Licks,
Adele, Vincent & Bella

Astrid Keel said...

Bijou, you are truly awesome! My momster was especially impressed with your use of the litter box! So pawsome!

I also love your name - it's so perfect for you.

Congrats on your awards!

Mollie Jo and Bobo said...

Bijou its very cool that you mom researched the perfect name for you. I myself like it...Very unique and interesting!

-Mollie and Bobo

Lorenza said...

Hi, Bijou!
Yes, you are awesome!
Congratulations on your awards!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Ziggy Stardust said...

Hi Bijou, I love your name it sounds romantic and beautiful. Congratulations on your very cool awards. I love learning things about my friends.

licks and sniffs, Sasha

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

Awesom awards for an awesome dog Bijou!!

Smileys!
Dory

Golden Daily Scoop said...

Hi Bijou, you definitely are awesome, I already knew that without even having to read your 7 reasons, BOL!!! Congrats on your awards and thx for the gem...it's beautiful just like you!!!

lotsa licks,
Miley

Two French Bulldogs said...

Yep...all in agreement..you rock!
Benny & Lily

Woodrow, Luna, MJ Campanella said...

congrats on all your wonderful awards - you are awesome - we love your name it is perfectly suited to you - MJ's registered name is french it means good times -

Woodrow - Sweetie - Sherman

SEDONA said...

You use a litter box? Wow, Bijou, I'm impressed!
Those were great things to learn about you. And your name fits you to a T (or, should that be a B?!)
Your pal,
Sedona

Anonymous said...

I knew how to pronounce your name because my assistant took many years of french (oddly enough, she never really learned to speak it!) We didn't know what it meant though, so we learned something. It does fit you and you are awesome!

Cocorue said...

your name sounds so beautiful when i say it gently and i go around perfecting my french ( not that i know french, get????).....and it suits you....

glad you like the award as since it's my birthday, i was generous (only this time bol....) and wanted to show my appreciation to my new friends

chikisses

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Furry khool things woo pawed!

Khongrats on your award!

I really enjoyed your name explanation!

Yes, it is WOO!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Cocorue said...

hey Bijou, actually it's dad who said "fat bum"....

hiney is the decent version but they said it endearingly as i was too skinny and they wanted me healthier

now they are happy i've filled up so "fat hiney" is good

chikisses

Mia said...

Your momma did give you a beautiful name and you have a beautiful award to go with it!!!

Tiffany and the Munchkins said...

We loved your 7 reasons you are pawsome. We both agree that you are a pawsome doggie! And we love the story and meaning behind your name. It suits you so very well. Congrats on the award. Cousin Coco is such a sweetheart.

Chihuahua kisses,
Bentley & Lexus