Wednesday, May 20, 2009

10 Things We Never Bought

Our good furiend Checkers sent me this challenge the other day. Banjo didn't want to play, so me and mom decided the two of us would each come up with five things we never bought. I had to give this some serious thought cause I've never actually bought anything. So my five are things I would never buy, if I could buy something.


Mom's five...

Jewelry.


Mom thinks some necklaces are pretty, like the ones at the left, but she dislikes wearing it. She doesn't even wear a watch, so rings and stuff are a definite no-no.







A cook stove.

Mom says, "If it can't be cooked in a microwave, toaster oven, crockpot or electric skillet, it aint' getting cooked at this house."










A portable dvd player.
Movies are made to be watched on the big screen, preferably in a theatre. Watching a movie on our tv is bad enough. So there's zero chance she'd watch a movie on a tiny screen like this.





A fur coat.


Mom prefers to let the animals keep their fur. They need it more than she does.










A Vespa scooter.
Now this is something mom would buy if only she had an extra $5000.00 lying around.







Now my five...


Toothbrush.

Yeah I know. Brushing your teeth is important. But I hate it. So I'd never buy one of these.











Boots.

I can't imagine how terrible it must feel to have something covering your feet so you can't feel the ground. If mom tried to make me wear shoes, I'd probably chew my feet off!







Hair bows.
Some doggies, like the one at the left, look cute wearing bows in their fur. Fortunately I don't have long enough fur to attach a bow to. And that's a good thing!







Perfumes.
Mom once used a "between baths" spray on me. It kinda smelled like oranges. All it did was give us both sneezing fits. Besides, I like the way I smell.






Stroller.
This one I'm undecided on. It could go either way. I might enjoy it if I could get out whenever I wanted to sniff something or just wanted to stretch my legs. But if mom strapped us in there and made us go to a flea market where strange hoomans reached in to pet me... that would be my worst nightmare! (I have seen mom looking at these online, so she has been giving it some thought.)


Sorry Furiends! I forgot to pass this challenge on to others. So if you want to play along too... just do it! BOL

12 comments:

Checkers & Chess said...

Interesting things from you and your mom - Now let me tell you about the stroller - I have one - from when I was smaller and not so well behaved [BOL - well behaved? me?] - Anyway - it's a pretty good thing on a hot day when you don't want to walk anymore. Mom also uses it when they do those home shows - she strolls me in like a baby and parks it in the corner of the booth - that way I get to stay in there and nobody complains.....again I was a baby -I'm not sure if I'd stay in the thing for long now - BOL - And I like people petting me - I mean me being so cute and all.....they can't keep their hands off - bet that's why they try to touch you too.....you're just so cute!

Checkers & Chess said...

pee ess - mom does NOT zip me in so I don't feel like I'm caged - I don't like that feeling - claustrophobia and all -

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Khwite an interesting assortment!

Tank woo fur sharing!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Astrid Keel said...

I hear you about the bows... Dog forbid that Momster try to but a bow around my ears!!!

Mason Dixie said...

Those are a lot of very different items to never want to buy. I love having my teeth brushed it makes them chatter, tickles I guess. =)

Lorenza said...

Hi, Bijou!
No stove for you mom?? Hmmm... interesting!
I agree with your no buys!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Anonymous said...

Hi Bijou,

I agree with your whole list...and mom agrees with the oven one wholeheartedly!

Sniffs and licks,

Chase

Selba said...

Hi Bijou,

Can't agree more with your list :)
Btw, maybe you can ask you mom to buy dentastix in order to "replace" tootbrush, we love chewing and eating it with a result nice and clean teeth.

Licks,
Adele, Vincent & Bella

Kathleen Coy said...

When mom and dad bought this house last year, mom asked for the gas cookstove to stay. She loves it - stainless steel with 5 burners and a convection oven. It's one of her favorite things about this house, bol!
Luv,
Cloud

Woodrow, Luna, MJ Campanella said...

what fun this looks like - but you didnt pass it on to anybody!!

our mommy loves to cook and cooks for us everyday - i have those boots cause i have feet issues they arent too bad -

and you have to brush your teeth little man it is very important

Woodrow

Brind'Amour Clumbers said...

I agree with your list but as far as your mom's list, I'm kind of fond of the scooter!

Wiggles,
Brind'Amour

Martine said...

The dog booties are a definate dislike in our house too! We put booties on my parents dogs once (my mom was concerned that the salt in the winter would hurt their feet) and wow was it something to look at.... high stepping at its best!! Not a doggies idea of fun!

xo martine & sugar